Wednesday, October 05, 2005

nailed it

God gave us looks (or at least to some of us), he gave us talent (ditto), he gave us brains (I’m tired of repeating myself), and then he gave us (without exception) nails. Quite conceivable (for those who have them) as to why he gave us the rest of the attributes, but nails? I mean, they cost a bomb to maintain, if you happen to be a particular colleague of mine, and nothing at all if you happen to be, well, me. But what is the actual use of nails? It’s not like you can hammer them down to hold something together, even though they’re called ‘nails’. It’s not like every one of us likes hurting loved ones in a moment of passion. (Unloved ones, yes, though personally I think teeth do the job much better.) It’s not even like everyone has nice, long manicured nails to show off and seduce those (who, probably for want of other extremities) find the completely dead, tough, keratinous cells attractive.But today, after no thought whatsoever, I finally figured the only reason God gave me nails. After much warring with a particular mouse, I scraped some dirt off from under it with… you got it, my nails! And here I am typing gloriously, while also using my mouse, to ramble about it. It also helps that at this point I’m somewhat jobless. And it makes it look like I’m working hard at a really long copy ad for some client that only does TV commercials. But even long copy ads have a word limit, unless you’re Neil French. So, au revoir. (Just trying to be a little French)

8 Comments:

Blogger Anshumani said...

Hey! Remember me.

Can think of one more reason for having nails - removing the adhesive cover from stickers ... I am never able to do it and always have to look for someone with longer nails

Priyanka said you are working in bangalore now ... howz life? keep in touch ... and enable the word verification in blogger so that only real people post comments

cheers
Anshu

1:54 AM  
Blogger Anshumani said...

jerome k jerome is awesome ... 'three men in a boat'is a bible for all lazy bums like me all over the world

I am definitely coming to Goa ... will be staying there for quite a while

Keep in touch
Anshu

1:22 AM  
Blogger Φ said...

Havent read anything like *biting nails in between* this for months now. You funny-bone have some wit, something I need now, badly.

Awsome site u have here, I am serious, it is. Will b back for more ... *spit off the piece and continue to bite*..sil vouz plais..well the french is not that bad, sa va.. *yyyeeeeeeoowww...*

-Au revoir

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NAILED IT!
very kool, wonder what would god give the next generation, now that we have optical mouse ;)
nice place. just came by.
come by mine if u please
peace

11:31 PM  
Blogger kalpana said...

thanks phi (is that what the symbols is?) for the flattering comment. went through your blog as well. very intersting poetry, though some of the words made me wanna scramble for a dictionary:p keep writing and dropping in.

12:56 AM  
Blogger kalpana said...

thanks zombie for appreciating my non-thoughts:)left a msg on ur blog. lovely photographs i must say.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~*bows*~
thankew for comming by.
hope u liked the few wrds that i have put together.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mate where are ya?>

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home