Monday, June 11, 2007

all grown up

The inevitable has happened. It took a longer than usual, of course, but it has happened nevertheless. I think I have grown up. Before you start laughing, let me explain why I have come to this grave conclusion.

1. I don’t enjoy rock music anymore. Not like I used to, at least. I actually laugh (to myself) at the music my out-of-cradle colleagues play at work.

2. I have actually started listening to the lyrics, which in general go like this ‘I like the way you look at me. I like the way you grab my ass.’ Really!!!! I didn’t know there were very many ways of grabbing one’s ass.

3. I have started listening to jazz and, god forbid! Western classical. And I must confess I did this voluntarily with no compulsion from Rajesh Doraiswamy whatsoever. And…I actually enjoy it.

4. I have stopped wearing t-shirts that say ‘I leave bite marks’ or ‘up your standards. I could be yours.’ Ok, let me rephrase it. I wear them only at home.

5. I actively work towards spending as much time at home as possible. (Sorry, Indijoes)

6. Eating out means eating at office (home cooked lunch if I may add)

7. My social life mainly consists of taking a walk around the building with health conscious and, may I add, middle-aged women. The topics of conversation range from ‘what my son ate for dinner today.’ to ‘how to stay indifferent to your husband’s indifference’

8. My love life on the other hand… yeah right! Like I’m gonna let out my x-rated secrets on this blog!

9. The parties I go strangely resemble 7th birthday parties. Well, I sit around drinking fruit punch, playing games (harmless, I must add), and then when I’ve had enough of both, I dance to meaningless music to kill time till dinner, have dinner, and then wait for someone to pick me up at a time that’s way before my son’s bedtime.

10. I’m trying to come up with a reason 10, but it seems the activities in my life are pretty much restricted to single digits… there, that’s my 10th reason!

1 Comments:

Blogger moonlit rainbows said...

:)...

Good to have you back here!
L, S - In a phase of sudden shooting up growth, that I am not even sure I will be able to handle.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home